This is a tasty side dish made with baby corn. As i had mentioned in an earlier post, this is the side dish which i made for roti and all my family members liked it a lot.
Its not that difficult to make this dish. Just do all the cutting of vegetables first and then do the cooking. Its an easier method of cooking.
Try this out and it tastes like a restaurant style side dish. :)
|Baby Corn Masala|
15 to 20 Baby corn (sliced vertically and cut into half horizontally)
2 Onion (finely chopped)
1 Onion (diced)
3 Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Capsicum (diced)
5 Cashew nuts
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
5 to 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust as per your taste)
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp Jeera powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Jeera
1/2 tsp Amchur powder/ Dry mango powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Coriander leaves
4 tbsp Oil
- Pressure cook baby corn with water, turmeric powder and salt till half cooked. Take it off from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add sliced onion. When it turns translucent, add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Fry for sometime.
- Now add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and jeera powder. Fry for some time. Take it off from heat and add amchur powder. Keep aside till it cools.
- Grind this mixture along with cashew nuts to a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Heat little oil in a non stick pan. Put garlic and when it turns colour, put the diced onion and capsicum. Stir fry for some time. Don't allow the onions to cook completely. Take it off from heat when the onion and capsicum is crunchy. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put jeera. When it turns colour, add the ground mixture.
- Stir fry it till oil leaves the sides. Now add the boiled baby corn and adjust the gravy by adding the same water which was used for boiling baby corns.
- Add salt and cover it and let it cook till the baby corns are cooked nicely.
- Now add the stir fried onion and capsicum. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add cream at the end. But its optional.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan.
Thanks for visiting