This is an Indo-Chinese dish enjoyed by Chinese cuisine lovers. This dish has a sweet, hot and garlic flavor.
Usually, Chinese dishes are garnished with spring onion greens. As I did not have it at hand while I was cooking this dish, I added coriander leaves to it. As it is an indo-Chinese dish, no harm in adding coriander leaves, right... Enjoy it friends, with any noodles dish or fried rice or Spaghetti.
Chicken (boneless, cut into medium pieces) - 200 gms
Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
Onion (diced) - 1 medium
Red chilli paste - 2 tbsp
Garlic (finely chopped) - 12 to 14 nos
Cornstarch - 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Spring onion (finely chopped) - 2 stalks
Salt to taste
- Take cornstarch in a bowl and mix little chicken stock. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick wok or a deep pan. Put garlic and saute it till golden brown colour.
- Now add the diced and separated onion and capsicum. Saute for sometime.
- Add the chicken pieces and salt. After sometime, add tomato ketchup, red chilli paste and little chicken stock. Let it cook for sometime. If you feel the dish is dry, add more chicken stock to it. Cook till the chicken is cooked thoroughly. All these should be done on high heat and hence the cooking is done fast.
- Now add the cornstarch. Mix well. When the gravy thickens, add the chopped spring onion.
- Serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting
Linking this to Julie's flavors of cuisine-Chinese