Tomato - 10 to 12 medium
Garlic - 4 cloves
Carrot - 1/2 medium
Onion - 1 medium
Sugar - 1 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Peppercorns - 4 to 6
Salt to taste
Pepper crushed - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and cut tomatoes into 4 pieces each. Cut carrot into roundels. Chop garlic and onion. Keep these aside.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan. Put bay leaf, peppercorns, onion and saute until translucent.
3. Add the chopped garlic and fry for sometime.
4. Add carrot and tomatoes. Saute for sometime. Now put 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
5. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes covered. Strain the mixture through a strainer and keep the strained liquid aside.
6. Blend the strained mixture in a mixie to a smooth puree. Pass it through the strainer once again and mix it with the liquid that is kept aside.
7. Adjust the consistency and put it back on heat. Add salt and crushed peppercorns and let it simmer for sometime.
8. You can add little coriander leaves while serving.
9. Add some butter toasted bread pieces in it and serve hot.
Thanks for visiting