An easy and tasty snack with a simple yummy dip. Nothing more to tell about this simple snack. Try it out and you will know :)
4 nos Potato
1 Egg yolk
3 tbsp Coriander leaves
4 Spring Onion Bulbs (finely chopped)
3 – 4 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tsp Lemon Zest
100 gm Dry Bread Crumbs
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- Boil potatoes in a cooker till one whistle (takes 5 minutes). After one whistle, keep it on low flame and let it whistle for 3 times.
- Later, switch off the flame and when all the steam escapes from the pressure cooker, take off the lid.
- Transfer the potatoes onto a plate and let it cool down completely. Peel off the skin and mash the potatoes.
- In a bowl, put egg yolk, coriander leaves, spring onion bulbs, green chilli, lemon zest and salt. Mix well till everything is nicely combined.
- Add the mashed potatoes and combine well. Spread the bread crumbs in a plate and keep aside.
- Take small portion of the potato mixture, roll them between your palms and place them on the bread crumbs. Coat the potato cakes firmly with the bread crumbs and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Place the potato cakes gently in the medium hot oil. After 1 minute, turn the other side and let it cook for another 1 minute. When both sides turn golden brown colour, transfer them onto a tissue paper.
- Serve the Chilli Potato Cakes hot with the Mayonnaise Herb Dip and Enjoy!!!
For the Mayonnaise dip: In a bowl, put mayonnaise, black pepper powder and mixed herbs. Mix well.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting