Pasta is a staple food in Italian cuisine. It comes in various sizes and shapes. Now-a-days, you get pasta made in whole wheat which is more healthier than the regular ones. Pasta is prepared in different types of sauces. The famous of them all is the white sauce. Though white sauce is not that healthy, it tastes amazing... very creamy...
Pasta is an all time favourite among kids and mine is not an exception. I always make whole wheat pasta in tomato gravy with variations. My elder daughter likes white sauce, so once in a while I prepare it to make her happy.
Try this easy recipe and let me know how you liked it.
3 cup Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Onion (large, finely chopped)
1 cup Carrot (grated)
10 nos French Beans (finely chopped)
3 tsp Black pepper powder
2 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tbsp Italian Spice Mix
3 tbsp Olive oil
Salt to taste
6 cups Water
For White Sauce
½ tbsp. Cornflour
½ tbsp. Maida/All purpose flour
4 tbsp Cheese (grated)
3 cup Milk
- Boil water in a kadai. Add salt in the water. When the water starts to bubble, add the pasta. Stir in between and let it cook for about 8 minutes or till the pasta is cooked Al dante. Strain the pasta and add little oil in it. Mix well and keep this aside.
- In a small bowl, add cornflour, maida and milk. Mix well and keep this aside.
- Heat olive oil in a kadai. Add onion and sauté for 1 minute or till it becomes soft.
- Now add carrot and beans. Saute for about 2 – 3 minutes or till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Keep on low flame and add the milk mixture into it. Add Italian spice mix, salt, chilli flakes and black pepper powder in it. Mix well.
- After 1 minute, add grated cheese into it. Mix well. When the sauce starts to bubble, add the cooked pasta into it. Mix well.
- Adjust the seasoning if required. (If the sauce is thickened, add milk as per your requirement) After 2 minutes, switch off the flame and serve it hot.
Thanks for visiting