This is simple and special side dish served in all Kerala Sadyas (feasts). Actually, this dish is slightly thick in consistency. But you can adjust the consistency by adding more or less of curd. The main ingredient used in this dish is gooseberry and you all know that it is very healthy.
Any day, if you are not in a mood to prepare any side dish for rice, you can always make this instant pachadi. It is really tasty and a good way to make kids eat gooseberry. Mix this with steamed rice and kids would love it.
Try it out and let me know how you liked it....
5 - 6 Gooseberry (take out the seed and cut into small pieces)
1 cup Coconut (freshly grated)
2 Green chilli
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
3/4 cup Curd
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
2 - 3 Dry Red chilli
5 - 10 Curry leaves
- Grind coconut, green chilli, mustard seeds and salt with little water into a smooth paste.
- Later, add gooseberry and grind coarsely (it should not be too coarse nor too paste).
- Add curd and give a quick pulse in the mixer.
- Adjust salt and curd if needed to adjust the consistency. Transfer the contents into a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves. When it splutters, pour the tempering on the prepared nellikkya pachadi.
- Mix well and serve it with steamed rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting