This is a healthy and tasty cake with the flavor of coconut added in it. Its healthy because I have added whole wheat flour and jaggery in it. This cake tastes different with the taste of jaggery. I would not be able to describe the exact taste of this cake in words. Would suggest you to try it out and enjoy this amazing and distinct taste of this cake.
I baked this cake to celebrate my second blog anniversary and it was a great success. My family enjoyed the cake as always :)
1 and 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Powder or Toasted Coconut
1 and 1/4 cup Jaggery (grated)
1 cup Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp White Vinegar
- Grease the cake tin with little oil and spread a butter paper in it. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut powder and jaggery. Mix well till everything is combined properly.
- In another bowl, mix coconut milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and white vinegar. Mix well using a wooden spoon or an electric beater.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently using a wooden spoon or a silicon spatula, so that everything is nicely incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pre heat the microwave oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and place it in the pre heated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or till the cake is nicely cooked. Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done or not.
- Once done, take off from the oven and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, take off from the cake tin, sprinkle some toasted coconut or coconut powder on top, serve and enjoy!!!
- Toast the coconut by spreading it on a pan and dry toasting it, till the coconut turns golden colour.
- If you need the cake to be less sweet use only 1 cup of jaggery. If you don't have jaggery, you can replace it with brown sugar.
- If making cupcakes with the batter, adjust the time to 15 - 18 minutes
Thanks for visiting