Crinkle Chocolate cookies are soft, chewy and chocolaty. These cookies are very easy to bake and can be stored for 1 or 2 days in an airtight container.
I was attracted by the beauty of these cookies. Doesn't it look beautiful? I wanted to recreate this beauty in my kitchen and that's how i started baking them. It was really fun in baking these crinkles. The cool part is that, as these cookies bake, they cracks, showing the cookie underneath and hence giving out a nice pattern. My daughters were amazed to see the pattern and enjoyed the crinkles a lot. This has become their latest favourite :)
Recipe Source: Joyofbaking
115 gms Cooking Chocolate (Dark chocolate or milk chocolate, Chopped)
28 gms (2 tbsp) Unsalted butter
50 gms (1/4 cup) Sugar (granulated)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
3/4 cup Maida/All purpose flour
1 pinch Salt
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar or Icing Sugar (for coating)
- Sieve maida, baking powder and salt for at least 2 times. Keep this aside.
- In a micro safe bowl, add cooking chocolate and butter. Keep it in the oven in Micro mode HIGH for about 1 minute or till the chocolate is melted. Do not over heat the chocolate, as it tends to seize. ( If not using microwave, you can use a double boiler method to melt the chocolate.)
- Mix well till the chocolate is completely melted and keep this aside to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, add egg and sugar. Beat well using an electric beater till the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture turns light and fluffy. When you lift the beater, the mixture should fall down like a ribbon.
- To this mixture add vanilla essence and the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat again till everything is nicely combined.
- Now add the sieved maida mix into it and mix well using a wooden spoon or a silicon spatula.
- When everything is nicely combined, transfer the cookie dough into a cling film or a plastic wrap. Keep this in the refrigerator for about 7 hours or overnight till it is firm to roll into balls.
- Pre-heat the oven in convection mode at 165 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Take small portion (about 1 inch) from the chilled cookie dough, roll it between your palms to form small balls.
- Dip them in the icing sugar or powdered sugar and place them on the baking tray about 2 inches apart.
- Place them in the pre heated oven for about 10 - 15 minutes till the edges are slightly firm and the center would be still soft.
- As the cookies cook, they spread creating cracks in between giving a beautiful pattern.
- Remove them from the oven and keep aside to cool down a bit. When it is still warm, take them out and place them on a wire rack and let them cool down completely.
- Serve it along with a glass of milk, tea or coffee.
- Don't over bake the cookies as it will become dry.
- Double boiler consists of a bowl placed on top of a pan of simmering water. The bowl does not touch the water, but creates a seal with the bottom pan to trap the steam produced by the simmering water.
- I made these cookies using milk chocolate...that's why it is light brown colour. If you use dark chocolate, the cookies would look more beautiful.
Thanks for visiting