This is a flavourful ice cream with the goodness of dry black currant. No Ice cream machine/ maker is needed to churn this ice cream. Yet, you can get the same texture as you find in a store bought ice cream. The black currant added in it gives a special flavour to it. Treat your family by this special dessert.
250 gms Dry Black Currant
5 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Water
1 cup Full cream milk powder (Everyday milk powder or Amulya)
1 and 1/2 cup Milk (at room temperature)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 cup Fresh cream (whipped)
- Wash and clean the dry black currant.
- Put them in a non stick pan along with 5 tbsp Sugar and water. Mix and keep in high heat till it starts to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, let it simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes till the black currant becomes soft and nicely cooked.
- Take off from heat and keep aside to cool down completely.
- Once it is cooled, blend it in a mixer and squeeze out the juice from it through a strainer. If needed add little water. Try to add very little water.
- Keep the black currant extract aside.
- In a mixie jar, put milk powder, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Whip the cream nicely and add this to the mixie jar. Add the black currant extract also. Blend it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture in an ice cream tin or an air tight container. Keep this in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hrs. Every fridge has different levels for cooling. So keep checking.
- Before it is fully set, take the ice cream out and mix it thoroughly with an egg beater (preferably) or spoon.
- Again put it in the freezer. Continue the same process once again.
- After 3 to 4 hrs (again it depends on the fridge) when the ice cream is set, take out and serve.
The store ice creams has a creamy texture. You can get this texture by mixing the ice cream in between the freezing process. So don't forget to mix in between. This makes a lot of difference to the ice cream.
Thanks for visiting