This is a simple and tasty side dish prepared using bhindi and oats. These days, i try to include oats in different dishes as it is very good for health.
As i was searching for a side dish for roti, i came across this wonderful easy dish in Sanjeevkapoor's website. I must admit that whatever dishes i have tried from his website, they all have come out extremely good. So i am always sure about his recipes. :)
We all loved it a lot, especially my daughter (who is a fussy eater), took an extra chapathi to eat more of this sabzi. You can understand how happy i am. ;)
250 gms Ladyfingers/Bhindi (cut diagonally into thin slices)
2 tbsp Oats
3 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
10 Curry leaves
1 Onion (medium, chopped)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Amchur powder
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add curry leaves and onion. Saute till the onion changes translucent.
- Add bhindi and mix well. Put turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and amchur powder.
- Saute till bhindi is cooked properly. Now add oats and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Take off from heat and serve it hot with roti, naan or even steamed rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting