This is very nutritional and healthy bar which can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. Choose the dry fruits and nuts of your choice and include it in this recipe.
My family is a big fan of Nutribar which is available in stores. We buy a lot of them and within 1 or 2 days, it will be finished. I always wanted to try making them at home. Even tried also, but was not successful.
This recipe i got from Sharmilee's blog. She has a good collection of recipes. As a last trial, i tested this recipe and to my surprise...it clicked. It tastes similar to the Nutribar which we used to enjoy.
I love to call it by the same name ' Nutribar '. A perfect sweet for kids. I added more of dry fruits and reduced the quantity of honey and sugar. So its up to you, make changes as you wish and the result will be great.
Recipe source: sharmispassions
1 cup Oats
1/4 cup Cornflakes
1/4 cup Honey
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence (optional)
1/2 cup Dry fruits and nuts (i used dates, raisins, cashew nuts, walnuts and almonds)
- Dry roast oats, cornflakes, dry fruits and nuts for sometime (till it gives a good aroma) and transfer it into a bowl and keep this aside.
- In the same pan, add butter. When it melts, add water, honey, vanilla essence and sugar. Mix well and let it simmer till it starts bubbling.
- Now add the oats and nuts mix into it and mix well till everything is combined properly.
- Transfer it on to a butter paper and spread it using a wooden spoon. Press it nicely and make it into a square or rectangle shape.
- Let is rest for about 5 minutes.
- Now cut it into small square or rectangle bars.
- Bake it at 200 degree Celsius for about 7 minutes. This will help the bars to become more crispy. But its optional.
- When it cools down, store it in an airtight container.
- Enjoy them with milk, coffee or tea.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust them as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting