My family loves cauliflower. I try different varieties with this vegetable, so that we don't get fed up with it. That's how I made this side dish with some changes to the original recipe.
More over, when this vegetable is in season, we get good quality of them and I stock up to 2 - 3 of them in my fridge. Don't think that it will stay for 2-3 weeks. It will be finished within 1 week. :) We all love Cauliflower Popcorn (which is one of my popular post in my blog) and enjoy it in the tea time.
This dish goes well with phulka or roti. It has a slight tangy taste and at the same time it is a rich side dish.
Here goes the recipe...Enjoy!!!
1 Cauliflower (medium, cut into bite sized florets)
1 Capsicum (cut into medium sized cubes)
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1 Onion (finely chopped)
2 Green chilli (chopped)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 Tomato (medium, finely chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp. Curd
Salt to taste
3 tbsp. Oil
2 tbsp. Cashew nuts
Water as required
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Boil water and add cauliflower in it. Cook it till it is half done. Drain the water and keep this aside.
- Boil cashew nuts in little water, drain it and grind it into a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and when it changes colour, add onion and green chilli.
- Saute till the onion changes its colour. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till its raw smell is gone.
- Now add tomato and saute till the tomato is nicely cooked.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Let it simmer for sometime.
- Add little water and now add half cooked cauliflower and capsicum.
- Mix well and let it simmer till all the masala is nicely coated with the vegetables.
- Adjust water as per your requirement. Now add curd and mix well.
- Add cashew nut paste and let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Mix well.
- Take off from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting