I thought I will share with you how to make tomato puree at home, so that you don't have to buy it from the store next time you need them.
The store bought tomato puree is bright red in colour and preservatives are added in it. It is really easy to make this at home.... Ya, its true that it will not have that bright red colour, but you can be sure that it is healthy.
- Take red coloured hybrid tomatoes and cut a cross on both ends with a knife.
- Put them in boiling water and simmer for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Drain the water and let it cool for sometime.
- As the cut is made on the ends, it is easy to peel off the skin from the tomatoes.
- Once it is peeled, cut into pieces and blend it into a smooth puree. (some people discard the seeds also from the tomatoes...its up to you...both tastes perfect)
- Yea!!! your homemade tomato puree is ready to be added in your favourite dishes.
|Tomatoes are blanched and the skin is peeled|
Thanks for visiting