This is a soft and moist butter less and egg less cake with the goodness of dates in it. This cake is very easy to make and tastes awesome. I am posting lots of pictures of this yummy cake....so sit tight...you are going to enjoy it.... :)
As my family said.... it tastes like gulab jamun. I added little less sugar as mentioned in the quantity, as dates has its own sweetness.
Now-a-days, i take the ingredients for baking, according to the gms and ml and not by cups unless the recipe demands. I read somewhere that for baking cakes, the ingredients has to be accurate using gms and ml and if we convert it into cups there will be a slight difference in the quantity. So i would suggest you to take the ingredients according to the gms and ml, but again its your choice....
I don't know how to describe about this cake...Try it out by yourself and you will come to know.
Recipe Source: Sharmis Passions
1 cup (135 gms) Maida/All Purpose Flour
18 Dates (de-seeded, brown or black coloured)
3/4 cup (185 ml) Milk
3/4 cup (165 gms) Sugar
1/2 cup (125 ml) Oil
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Nuts (chopped, any nuts of your choice, optional)
- Soak the de-seeded dates in little milk and keep this aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, sieve together maida and baking soda. Keep this aside.
- In a deep bowl, add sugar, milk and oil. Mix it well using and electric hand beater till the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep this aside.
- Grind the soaked dates into a fine paste and add this into the milk mixture. Beat it again till everything is well combined.
- Now add the maida-baking soda mix into it, little by little. Mix well using a wooden spoon, till everything is combined properly.
- Add the chopped nuts and mix once again.
- Pre-heat oven at 175 degree Celsius in convection mode.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil and line a butter paper in it.
- Pour the prepared cake batter in it
- Place the cake tin in the pre-heated oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Check with a tooth pick whether cooked or not.
- Once it is cooked, give a standing time of 5 minutes.
- Later, take off from the cake tin and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut into pieces and serve.
Thanks for visiting