This is the healthier version of the normal Pancake mix, as i have used whole wheat flour in this. I got the recipe for the normal pancake mix from Nigella Lawson's website (will post it soon). Thought to give a healthy twist to it and finally came up with this whole wheat version. Tried out and it came out perfectly good. The only difference i find in the normal pancake and this whole wheat pancake is that, the whole wheat pancake is best when served hot. The other pancake remains good even when served cold or re-heated.
The whole wheat pancake mix can be prepared in large quantity and stored for later use. Just increase the quantity mentioned below and store in an airtight container.
Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pancake Mix:
1 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp Sugar
Whenever you wish to make the whole wheat pancake, take the quantity mentioned below (or double it) and follow the procedure mentioned below.
Ingredients for making Whole Wheat Pancake:
1 1/2 cup Whole wheat pancake mix
1 Egg (whisked)
1/2 to 1 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Sugar (optional, add more if you wish the pancake to be sweet)
1 tsp Butter or Olive oil
- Take a bowl and mix whole wheat pancake mix, whisked egg, sugar and milk.
- Add 1/2 cup milk first and adjust the consistency of the batter by adding more (if needed).
- Heat a non stick pan and spread little oil or butter on it. Take a spoonful of batter and spread it on the hot pan.
- You can make big or small pancakes as per you wish.
- When you see small holes on the top of the pancake, its time to flip it.
- Cook both sides and take it off from heat.
- Serve it hot with honey, maple syrup or just Jam.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting