A simple and easy curry that goes well with roti or naan. As it is prepared in pressure cooker, you can save time and the taste is really good. More over, this is a healthy dish too.
Recipe source: Madhuras kitchen
1 Potato (cut into medium sized cubes)
1 Bottle gourd/Lauki (medium size, cut into cubes)
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 pinch Asafoetida
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
6 Curry leaves
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 Green chilli (slit into half)
1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 cup Water
Salt to taste
2 - 3 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When it begins to splutter, add asafoetida, turmeric powder, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for a minute. Now add tomato and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, green chilli, cumin powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Later, add potatoes, lauki/bottle gourd and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and cover with the lid and let it cook till one whistle.
- After one whistle, turn off the gas and keep this aside.
- When the steam gets released on its own, take off the lid and add garam masala powder and coriander leaves in it.
- Mix well and serve it hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per yours*
Thanks for visiting