This is a complete protein rich side dish with a chatpata taste. The name itself tells you that the dish is a combination of different flavours. A very easy and simple dish with less ingredients. This is my own creation :) Hope you will like it....
I tried out this dish with sprouted kala chana. You can use kala chana without sprouted also. The taste will be the same. I wanted to enhance the protein value of this dish, so i used the sprouted ones. Both my husband and my daughter loves kala chana a lot. So i try out different varieties of dishes with them. This one they loved a lot and enjoyed it with roti.
Try it out and you will feel the spicy chatpata tangy taste bursting out in your mouth ;) Its worth guys, give it a try....
1 cup Sprouted Kala Chana
1 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
1 tbsp Red chilli powder (i used kashmiri red chilli)
1 1/2 tsp Chat masala powder
1 pinch Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
Water as required
1 Green chilli (slit into half)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Pressure cook sprouted kala chana till soft and nicely cooked.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and saute till it turns golden brown colour.
- Add the cooked sprouted kala chana and mix well.
- Now add red chilli powder, chat masala, garam masala powder, green chilli and salt. Add water to adjust the gravy.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now add tamarind pulp and again cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and take off from heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
* I usually take the quantity of the ingredients as per my taste. So you can always adjust the spices as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting