Yam is a vegetable which is used in many kerala dishes. This recipe is a simple side dish that goes well with steamed rice. It is slightly crunchy and has an excellent taste.
1 cup Yam/Chena (in Malayalam)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
2 tbsp Coconut oil
3 Dry red chilli
5 -7 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Peel off the skin , wash thoroughly and finely chop the yam. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. When it splutter, add dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped yam and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for sometime. No need to add water.
- When yam is completely cooked, uncover and let it fry for some time.
- Take off from heat and serve it hot with steamed rice.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Linking this recipe with Siri's "Celebrating First Anniversary Give Away"