This is a type of frosting or icing which is done for decorating cakes. Here's an easy and simple method to make this icing. This icing is very easy to spread on any cakes or cupcakes and with the piping bag and nozzle you can create your imagination and creativity come alive on the cakes.
You can take half quantity of all the ingredients to make less amount of this icing.
6 cups Icing Sugar
3/4 cup Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Put butter in a deep bowl. Mix well using an electric hand beater till it becomes light and creamy.
- Now add half of the icing sugar and beat well. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time and continue mixing.
- Add vanilla essence and the rest of the icing sugar. Beat well again. Add milk till you get a creamy consistency so as to spread easily on a cake.
- If you feel that the icing has become runny, add more icing sugar to adjust the consistency you require.
- Butter cream icing is ready. If you want to add colour, take required amount of icing in a bowl and add the colour. Mix well.
- Let your imagination and creativity show on your cake and enjoy decorating them.
*I forgot to take a snap of the butter cream icing, when i made it. Will upload the picture when i make it the next time.
Thanks for visiting