Recently, i came across an article which mentioned some health benefits of Baby corns. Thought to share with you all. Baby corns are considered to be a good source of Vitamin C, B, fibre etc. Vitamin C helps in strengthening blood vessels, assisting in iron absorption and speeding the healing process of wounds. Baby corn helps in preventing heart disease, cancer and cataracts. So baby corns are good for health. Try to include them in your food.
This is a Chinese dish made with baby corn. One who love Chinese cuisine will definitely like this dish.
8 - 10 Baby corns (cut into small pieces)
5 tsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Salt to taste
2 tsp Maida/All purpose flour
2 tsp Rice flour
2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
2 tbsp + for deep frying Oil
1 Onion (medium, cut into cubes)
1 Capsicum (medium, cut into cubes)
1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup Spring onion bulb (chopped)
2 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 cup Tomato sauce
Spring onion greens for garnish
- Make a thick batter, by mixing cornflour, rice flour, salt, maida, baking soda, 1 green chilli chopped and water.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Dip each baby corn pieces in the batter and deep fry them.
- Once it turns golden brown colour and crispy, transfer them on a tissue paper. Keep this aside.
- Mix cornflour in little water and keep this aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add onion, capsicum, ginger garlic paste and spring onion bulbs. Saute till it turns its colour.
- Add green chillies and saute for a minute. Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add the fried baby corns and mix again. Add water as required and the cornflour mixture. Mix well and let it cook for sometime.
- When everything gets combined and cooked, take off from heat.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve it hot with fried rice or roti.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting
Linking this to Julie's flavors of cuisine-Chinese