Kadai mushroom is an exotic preparation of button mushrooms by adding capsicum. Different colours of capsicums are used in this dish. So the dish itself looks colourful. (As i had only green capsicum, i used only them). Tasted really awesome.
You can make a large quantity of the kadai masala powder and store it. The same masala is used for any kadai preparations like..Kadai vegetables, Kadai Paneer, Kadai chicken etc.
(: Try it out and be ready to get appreciations :)
25 Button Mushrooms (cut into medium sized pieces)
1 Green Capsicum (cut into cubes)
1 Yellow Capsicum (optional)
1 Red Capsicum (optional)
1 Tomato (chopped)
1 Onion (sliced)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil
3 Dry Red chilli
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
5 - 10 Black Pepper
1 tbsp Dry Kasoori methi
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- First we have to make the kadai masala. For this, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli and black pepper. Let it cool and then coarsely grind it. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Saute onion till golden brown colour. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and ginger. Saute for some time.
- Now add the kadai masala powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato and salt. Cook on high flame till tomatoes are cooked and has not turned mushy.
- Add capsicum (red, yellow, green) and mushroom. Saute well.
- Now add kasoori methi and garam masala powder. Toss it well.
- Let it cook till the mushrooms are soft and tender. Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan.
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting