Aloo Tuk is a Sindhi dish. This is a chatpata aloo, pressed and deep fried. It is an excellent snack.
25 Baby Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Amchur powder/Dry mango powder
1 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds
1 tsp Kasoori methi/Dry Fenugreek leaves
Oil for deep frying
- Deep fry the boiled and peeled baby potatoes. When it turns golden brown colour, transfer it on a tissue paper.
- When it cools down a bit, press them lightly using your palm. (picture is shown below)
- Put them on a non stick pan. Don't put oil in it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and amchur powder. Toss and mix well so that all the potatoes are coated with the masala.
- Let it simmer for sometime. Now add poppy seeds and kasoori methi. Toss and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off from heat and serve it hot.
|Pressed lightly the fried baby potatoes between the palms|
* increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste*
Thanks for visiting