This is a simple, tasty and healthy snack which is enjoyed both by kids and adults. It is healthy because different types of vegetables are included in it. Moreover, it is not deep fried. Very little oil is needed for frying this.
1/2 tsp Cumin seed
1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
1 Onion (medium, finely chopped)
2 Green chilli (finely chopped)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
6 nos French Beans (finely chopped)
5 nos Carrot (finely chopped)
5 nos Beetroot (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Peas (blanched and crushed)
2 tbsp Atta/Whole Wheat flour
5 to 6 Potato
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 cup Bread crumbs
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Put cumin seed and when it changes colour add ginger. Mix well.
- Now add the chopped onion. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now add french beans, carrot, beetroot, peas into it. Mix well.
- Add salt and mix well. Let it cook for sometime or till the vegetables are cooked properly.
- Add atta or whole wheat flour. Mix well. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Take off from heat and transfer it into a deep bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Put the mashed potatoes into the bowl. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Adjust the salt and mix well till all the ingredients are combined properly.
- Take a plate and spread the bread crumbs in it. Take small portion from the vegetable mixture and roll it into a ball. Press lightly and coat it nicely with the bread crumbs on all sides.
- Heat a non stick pan with little oil. Place the cutlet on the hot pan and shallow fry till both the sides are golden brown colour.
- Once done, transfer it into a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with any sauce of your choice.
Thanks for visiting