This is a variety of snack made by spinach. It can be served with tea or coffee. This is a very easy and tasty snack.
20 nos Spinach/Palak leaves (clean and big ones)
3/4 cup Besan (Gram flour)
1/4 tsp Ajwain
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Chat masala as required (optional)
- Cut the spinach leaves from its stem, wash and pat dry each one of them. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- In a bowl, add besan, ajwain, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Add 1 tbsp hot oil also. Mix with little water to make a smooth thin batter.
- Dip each spinach leaf in the batter and deep fry in the hot oil.
- Once it is golden colour, transfer it into a tissue paper.
- Serve it hot by sprinkling little chat masala on top.
Thanks for visiting