This is a very simple recipe. You can make more and store it in an airtight container and have it as a snack along with tea or coffee. Forget about buying these type of pakodas from store. Make it at home and enjoy.
2 cup Besan powder
1 cup Rice flour
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix besan powder, rice flour, red chilli powder, asafoetida and salt with water to make a soft dough just like a chapathi dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put some dough in an idiyappam maker and press it directly into the oil.
- Fry both sides till golden colour.
- When done, transfer it into a tissue paper.
- You can store it in an airtight container once it is cooled.
- This will remain crispy and last for a long time.... "if you dont finish it" :)
|My Idiyappam maker|
|Idiyappam maker attachment|
Thanks for visiting