A very simple and easy sweet dish with the taste of coconut. As per the request of my viewers and some of my friends, iam posting this recipe....Try it out and post in your comments and suggestions.
I had taken half of the Amul mithai mate can (400 gms). You can adjust the sweetness by adding the condensed milk as per your taste.
2 cups Coconut (grated)/ Desiccated coconut
1 tbsp Ghee
5 tsp Cashew nuts (optional)
200 gm Condensed Milk (adjust sweetness accordingly)
- In a non stick pan, add ghee and put the grated coconut/desiccated coconut.
- Stir fry for sometime (approx. 3 minutes) on medium heat, till the raw smell of the coconut is gone. Mix continuously so that it doesn't get burnt.
- Now add the condensed milk and chopped cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Cook till all the moisture from the mixture evaporates and it gets thickened.
- Remove from heat and transfer it into another bowl.
- Let it cool and place in a refrigerator for 1/2 an hour. By keeping in refrigerator, you will be able to make smooth balls very easily.
- Take out and make small balls out of it and roll each one of them in desiccated coconut or coconut milk powder.
- Serve it.
|Took half quantity of this can of 400 gms Condensed milk|
|Added condensed milk to the fried coconut|
|Transferred into a plate after thickened|
|The mixture is made into balls and rolled in grated coconut|
|Coconut Ladoo is ready to be served|
Thanks for visiting