I was left with little rice and my daughter Nithya was not ready to eat it. I was wondering how can i make her eat it and came up with this wonderful dish. She tasted it and said "Amma.. i know you will always give me surprises." She liked it so much that she finished it within minutes.
You can make it with the left over rice. A quick and easy preparation and kids would love it. No need of any side dish for this rice.
Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Egg - 2
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 medium
Green chilli (finely chopped) - 2
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and green chilli. Saute it till the onion changes its colour.
- In a bowl, beat egg and salt till light and fluffy.
- Now add the beaten egg into the sauteed onion. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce and mix again. After some time, add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and when everything combines well, add coriander leaves.
- Take it off from heat and serve hot.