I was surpised to see that we can make pickle with baingan. In our home, no body likes this vegetable much and i was trying to make different types of dish with this vegetable, so that my family would love to have it.
I came across this recipe and thought to give it a try. So i made a small quantity of this pickle and it was so tasty that it was finished in one go. A must try pickle.
When you dont have any vegetable at home or you are not in a mood to cook, this pickle comes handy. Just you have to make roti and the spicy baingan pickle will do the rest.
Baingan (Brinjals) - 2 large sized
Green chilli - 25 nos (increase or decrease as per your taste)
Sea Salt - 3 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 2 inch piece
Garlic - 10 to 12 cloves
Vinegar - 2 cups
Mustard oil - 2 cups
Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the brinjals. Cut them into cubes. Mix sea salt and keep aside for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Wash and pat dry the green chillies and cut into half inch sized pieces. Keep aside.
- Grind mustard, ginger, garlic with little vinegar.
- Heat mustard oil on medium heat and stir fry the ground mixture. Add turmeric powder, vinegar, salt, sugar and chopped green chillies.
- Squeeze brinjal to take out the liquid from it and add to the above mixture. Cook till it becomes dry and the oil comes to the top.
- Cool and store it in a sterilized bottle. It lasts for a long time.
- Serve it with parathas or roti. Goes well with steamed rice also.
Thanks for visiting