This cake is an absolute chocolate indulgence, when you are in a mood of having one. An easy to mix up and bake cake that you will fell in love with it.
More over, this cake is egg less, butter less and I have used whole wheat flour too. What else do you want in a cake when you say it is healthy.... My kids loves chocolate a lot....i know many of us like it too....This is the perfect cake to indulge...
This cake is very soft, moist, dense and chocolaty. I would suggest to replace the whole wheat flour with all purpose flour, if you are going to frost the cake. Try it out friends....and enjoy!!!
Recipe source: Madhurams eggless cooking
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 and 1/3 cup Sugar (granulated)
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Oil (Vegetable Oil, Olive Oil or Canola Oil)
1 and 1/2 cup Hot Water
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup Banana (mashed)
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Mix well till everything is combined properly.
- Pre heat the microwave oven in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tin with butter paper, grease it and keep aside.
- Now add the oil, hot water, vanilla essence and the mashed banana.
- Mix well till everything is nicely combined.
- Pour this batter into the lined baking tin, tap it and place it in the pre heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 - 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is completely cooked or not.
- Once done, transfer the baking tin on a wire rack and let it cool.
- Once cooled, cut into slices and enjoy !!!
Check the notes given below, before you start baking.......
- Every microwave oven has different temperature settings. So keep an eye on the cake while its baking.
- Instead of whole wheat flour, you can use all purpose flour/Maida. Definitely the texture will be very nice if baked with maida. For a healthier version, i used whole wheat flour.
- The quantity of sugar mentioned in the recipe was correct as per my taste. If you need it more sweet, add little more of sugar. If you are planing to frost this cake, i would suggest to stick on to the quantity of sugar mentioned in the recipe.
- If you want the cake to be less chocolaty, reduce the cocoa powder a little.
- The cake did not have much of banana taste, even though i had added it in this recipe. It was more of chocolaty flavour with a mild banana flavour.
- The mashed banana acts as the egg replacer.
- The cake batter will be little bit watery, but not to worry. Add hot water, little by little till it reaches the correct consistency.
Thanks for visiting